Publisher: Supplier of LED Display Time: 2018-11-27 Views: 1746
1. From the comparison of the display effect, the final effect of the display device is the core selection criterion, and there must be some differences in the display effect of different display technologies.
2. From the perspective of brightness, there is no need to worry that the two splicing technologies are not enough. On the contrary, the small-pitch LED display, which is known for its high brightness, faces the problem of excessive brightness. One of the main technologies of small-pitch LED displays is "low brightness". In contrast, the LCD screen appears more appropriate in terms of brightness level and is suitable for applications with large display screens. In terms of contrast indicators, small-pitch LEDs are the highest, but from the demand side, the contrast ratio of the two technologies exceeds the actual display needs and the resolution limit of the human eye. This makes the contrast effect, the quality of the two technologies depends more on the optimization of the software, rather than the limit value on the hardware.
3. In the resolution (PPI) index, although small-pitch LEDs have been breaking through, they still cannot compete with LCD splicing screens. Currently, only LCD screens can achieve 2K popularization on 55-inch units. There is hope and can be popularized in the future. 4K only has LCD screens. For small-pitch LED displays, higher pixel density means that the difficulty of stable design shows an increase in the geometric base. The pixel pitch decreases by 50%, and the backplane density has to be increased by 4 times, which is why the small pitch LED has broken through the bottleneck of 1.0, 0.8 and 0.6, but the root cause of only 3.0/2.5 products that are really widely used. In addition, it is worth reminding that the "actual value of LCD screen with pixel density advantage is not very clear." ”, because users rarely demand that high pixel density.
4. The color range is generally not the most concerned direction for video wall products. In addition to the application scenarios such as radio and television, the video wall market has never been strict with the demand for color reproduction range. From a comparative point of view, small-pitch LED displays are natural wide-color gamut products. Liquid crystal depends on what kind of light source is used.
5. The color resolution index is the actual viewing experience of the color range on the contrast index, which represents the final ability of the display to restore the color. There is no quantitative method for the measurement of this index. Double advantage, must be the best technology.
6. The refresh rate is a key indicator to effectively suppress the flickering of the screen. The refresh rate of LED displays is generally very high, and most of the liquid crystals are at the level of 60-120Hz, which has exceeded the resolution limit of the human eye.
7. Point defects refer to the probability of dead pixels, bright spots, dark spots and color channels in display devices. In this regard, liquid crystal products can also be controlled to an excellent level. In contrast, effective control of point defects is the main point of LED display. One of the technical difficulties, especially as the pixel pitch shrinks, the control difficulty increases geometrically.
8. In terms of cell thickness, liquid crystal has inherent advantages, and it has been continuously optimized and improved. Although the small-pitch LED display has achieved ultra-thinness, there will not be much room for improvement in the future. In terms of optical pollution and visual comfort, liquid crystal mainly refers to glare and high-frequency blue light, while small-pitch LEDs are too bright and high-frequency blue light.
9. Consumables and display core life indicators mainly refer to the lamp beads and backplane of the LED display, the screen body and light source of the liquid crystal, and the lifespan advantage of the liquid crystal is the most clear in this regard. Individual differences in beads and the stability of the backing plate determine that the lifespan of such products varies significantly between individual splices, and individual units may need to be replaced soon.
10. Engineering heat dissipation is an inevitable requirement for long-term stable operation of large-scale display systems. In this regard, liquid crystal has more significant advantages because of its low power consumption and low power consumption density. Although small-pitch LEDs have the characteristics of low power consumption density, However, the overall power consumption will still be higher. At the same time, the small-pitch LED display products with high heat dissipation requirements also mean that the system noise will be higher.