Publisher: Supplier of LED Display Time: 2018-06-01 Views: 1371
1. Detail enhancement: The core of this technology is not only reflected in the sharpening of the edge of the image, but also includes the processing of color restoration and image scaling. The quality of this indicator of the video processor directly reflects the clarity of the image displayed by the LED display.
2. Noise suppression: Due to the lattice characteristics of LED display, insignificant noise in other display media will greatly challenge the psychological tolerance of LED display audiences. The noise mainly comes from the compression noise of the video signal and the random noise of the system itself. An excellent video processor can reduce the interference of noise to the image quality itself to the greatest extent through noise suppression.
3. Gray scale: Gray scale has always been the goal pursued by LED display suppliers, but for a long time, the vast majority of technical teams have been solving the problem of gray scale scanning of the LED screen itself. The processing has been upgraded to the current 16bit, 17bit. But it ignores the problem that the input signal source has always been only 8bit. The 8bit of the signal source makes most people's grayscale enhancement work somewhat like a castle in the air. Solving the problem of gray-level processing of video processors is one of the most important key technologies to improve the quality of the entire LED display. Combined with the advent of the current high-definition display era, the application of 10bit processing technology in video processors is the general trend.
4. Format conversion function: The signal format of the PC camp in the consumer field and the signal format of the video camp in the consumer field or professional field span the era of analog signals to the era of digital signals and even the high-definition display in the early stage of enlightenment. Many signal formats and signal standards are still active or working in the consumer market, so the video processor needs to solve the signal access, processing and display problems in most project bids. The fundamental solution is that video processing equipment can complete the format conversion between many signal formats, including: the signal format conversion of VGA~UXGA of the camp, involving the processing of signal input interfaces VGA, DVI-D, HDMI and Displayport ; And the signal format conversion of 480i~1080p60 of the SMPTE camp, the digital bandwidth spans from 143Mbps to the height of 3G. It involves the processing of signal input interface composite video, S terminal, SD component, HD component, SD-SDI, HD-SDI; the conversion between formats is called up-conversion or down-conversion; and the conversion from SMPTE to VESA format is called cross transform.
5. Color space conversion function: The color space is much larger than the NTSC color space of the TV signal. Therefore, if the NTSC RGB color space is directly used in the display screen to control the light emission of the three primary colors of the LED, color deviation will occur, which will seriously affect the The display effect of the LED display. Therefore, the video processor needs to complete the color space conversion, that is, the conversion of CCIR601 and CCIR709 to RGB color space. This is also the fundamental reason why the LED-specific video processor needs to realize the conversion from VESA, ITU and SMPTE signal formats to VESA standard signal formats when completing the format conversion function.
6. Image processing and enhancement technology: The display of full-color LED display not only involves the technical problems of image processing involved in general image display processing, such as 3:2 and 2:2 pull-down, because the pixel pitch itself is much larger than other displays Therefore, there are more stringent requirements for image processing technology, especially image enhancement technology, including the following:
7. Motion compensation: It involves motion compensation of slow images and fast images. Good motion compensation technology can reduce the aliasing phenomenon of moving image edges when LED is displayed.
8. De-interlacing: In order to reduce the bandwidth and improve the resolution of the video signal, the interlacing technology must be used. When displaying, the interlaced signal needs to be preprocessed to be converted into progressive signal. Excellent de-interlacing technology can eliminate the scan line effect that exists in live broadcast and filming.
9. Zoom: The display adopts a modular design, so the requirements for image and video display are higher, especially the display resolution of each engineering application can hardly be found in the VESA standard. Therefore, the video processor needs to provide the zoom function. A typical zoom function behaves as follows:
Image reduction: The dot matrix resolution for general display engineering applications is below the VESA standard XGA (1024*768) resolution. The video processor needs to have the ability to reduce the access signals to the resolution of the corresponding terminal, preferably the video processing device has the function of pixel-by-pixel scaling.
Image enlargement: With more and more engineering applications, especially the rapid development of building advertising and other businesses, the resolution of LED displays is no longer limited to the conventional XGA resolution, and some engineering applications have even reached the level of 2048 points. . In similar applications, it is necessary for the video processor to have enhanced processing technology for image enlargement. The key indicator is that the internal processing bandwidth of the video processor can reach or exceed the dot matrix area of 2048x1536 in atypical applications. To cooperate with such applications, the video processor needs to have the function of stacking, and the final dot matrix display can be completed by splicing multiple video walls.
Summary: The video processor is a witness and symbolic device for the birth, growth and maturity of the full-color LED display. The video processing equipment dedicated to LED is also gradually becoming mature in the process. The advantages and disadvantages of the LED video processor directly affect the process. The display effect of the LED display. In the era of high-definition LED display, the video processor not only carries a lot of work such as image processing and analysis, codec compression, but also embeds a large number of intelligent analysis algorithms to analyze massive data. The binding use of the LED video processor and the display screen greatly facilitates the wide application of end users and improves the depth of the use of the LED display screen.